Monday, January 30, 2012

(30) The Key

In a previous post I mentioned how I have finally found The Key to my 0-5 eating success. I do not have the urge to eat for emotional reasons anymore. In fact, now there will be times when I feel like I should eat for emotional reasons, because I'm having "a moment" and that was how I used to deal with my moments. But the thought of actually eating food when I'm not physically hungry is just too gross. I'll feel restless and anxious inside but my mind now tells me that food wont help. I have to deal with these feelings in ways other than food because my mind and body are now rejecting the thought food when I'm not hungry. It's almost a gag reflex feeling to even think about non-hunger eating. I absolutely love this because for the first time in all of my 0-5 eating years, I don't have to fight the urge to eat for emotional reasons. I feel free!!
For a long time I was curious about hypnosis for weight loss but I was wary of trying it because the only hypnosis I'd ever seen was on a stage where people were doing crazy things, seemingly against their will. But after some research I learned that "Hypnosis is a trance state characterized by extreme suggestibility, relaxation and heightened imagination. Contrary to a popular misconception—that hypnosis is a form of unconsciousness resembling sleep—contemporary research suggests that hypnotic subjects are fully awake and are focusing attention, with a corresponding decrease in their peripheral awareness. Subjects also show an increased response to suggestions. Hypnotism is a state of physical relaxation accompanied and induced by mental concentration".
I decided to give it a try and I found a video on youtube by Paul McKenna. The video I used has since been removed, I think, but I found a new one this morning that looks good. The video is called, Paul McKenna - Overcome Emotional Eating Part 1 - I Can Make You Thin. There's also a part 2. I liked his original video a lot and would listen to it every night as I was falling to sleep. After a few weeks, I found that I didn't have a great desire to eat emotionally anymore. I enjoyed the hypnosis because it made me feel really calm, comfortable, relaxed and happy.
After a month of the same video every night, I felt the need for new material so I looked for and found a YouTube channel about meditations/visualizations called, Pathwaystopeak1. The man's name is David McGraw and he has a website: www.DavidMcGraw.org. This man has literally changed my whole life. I liked the hypnosis but for me, meditation/visualization is The Key.
Mr. McGraw guides you through such programs as: weight loss, uplifting your emotions, how to release anger, relaxation techniques, how to love yourself unconditionally, self esteem, how to make decisions, how to reach your goals, how to stop bad habits, and more. On his website you can download a free 22 day meditation course that teaches how to completely transform your life into amazing-ness! I just barely downloaded the 22 day course and I'm on day 3. I love it!! Never have I felt so good inside, so happy and full of life. I don't overeat anymore. I love my body and all of it's imperfections. I love my life and every single day that I get to live it. I'm so happy in my marriage. I'm full of love for life and people. I feel peace and I'm just so happy! I now do meditation/visualization every single day and I will for the rest of my life. There may be other ways of training your mind to reject emotional eating but this works for me. It's works fast. It's simple and enjoyable. If you don't like the video's I use, there are tons of them on youtube, or you can get books on how to meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment