Thursday, May 7, 2009

(16) Step 10. Deal With Your Emotional Overeating

This is the biggest and hardest step of 0-5 eating. Learning how to really feel your emotions and dealing with them head on is daunting. You've used food as an escape for a long time. It's going to take awhile to unlearn all of your bad eating patterns and habits. Don't make the mistake of thinking it will be a short simple process, it wont be. But it doesn't matter because you are already changing your life and working toward changing your emotional overeating habits. Every time you eat 0-5 is a success. Every time you eat when you're not hungry and then recognize what just happened is a success because you'll see what you need to work on for the next time. Every little change is a step closer to being where you want to be and living your life naturally thin.
Since this step is so big, I'll be explaining it in many short posts. I don't have time to write more today and I'll be out of town for the weekend so thank you for your patience with me and I'll write again on Monday. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This is the part I really need. I'm glad we've made it. Have a good weekend! See you next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hard for me, not that I am depressed or anything like that, but I am a happy eater. When we get together for events I always eat way to much. I always do good during the week and then when the kids and Paul are home for the weekend, it is like celebration time and I undo everything I worked so hard to accomplish durning the week. Baby steps right? Thanks again for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely know what you're talking about. I do the EXACT same thing. Only for me it's in the evenings. I eat really well during the day but at night something happens to me and I feel like I just have to eat and eat and eat. Maybe I'm trying to reward myself for getting through the day. Maybe it's because my husband is finally home and I just want to feel good for the rest of the night so I eat too much. Maybe I don't pay enough attention to my food at night when everyone is home. (I've even wondered if the serotonin levels in the brain might be lower in the evenings which could possibly cause some sort of chemical reaction in the brain...weird?) I don't know why this happens, but night time is hardest for me.
    I just keep on trying, meal by meal. If I eat too much one night, I try to forget about it and move on to the next meal. There's nothing I can do about my past meals, only this present meal and my future meals.
    If you mess up, don't worry about it. Let yourself get hungry again and try to eat 0-5 right then. Just keep on trying, again and again. Every time you eat 0-5, you're getting closer and closer to the point where it will come naturally all of the time. Eventually eating too much will very rarely happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it sad if I can pin point almost the exact day I started doing this?

    ReplyDelete