Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm Sporadically Back.

Hi everyone! I'm now living in Pueblo, CO...but will be moving again in a few weeks to Pueblo West, CO. It's about fifteen minutes from where we are now. So I'll be posting again as often as possible. Chaos is my middle name for the time being :)
I want to start off by telling you about how horribly I've been doing with 0-5 eating this past month. The stress of the move seems to have gotten the best of me and most evenings I've found myself eating more than I should. But the really good thing about our bodies is that once they get down to their natural weight, they seem determined to keep that weight within about 5 to 10 pounds of "naturally thin". Over the years I may have gained or lost a few pounds but my body always seems to find its way back to my natural weight. So even though I haven't eaten very well at 0-5 this past month, my body has regulated itself and I haven't really gained or lost any more weight. Aren't our bodies amazing things!!
Something else I've re-realized recently is that overeating is actually a form of abuse to ourselves. Our bodies don't want extra food. They only want to eat when hungry and stop when satisfied. Stuffing ourselves to the point of pain for whatever reason: punishment, disgust, guilt, anger, sadness, loneliness, excitement, boredom, stress, habit, etc...is a form of abuse. We would never treat another human being the way we treat our own selves when we eat emotionally. In fact if we knew about someone being treated this badly we'd want to do everything possible to help that person. If we look at it from a different point of view, we realize that the person who is being abused and hurt is...ourselves. By eating to the point of pain, we are abusing the only body that we'll ever have...the body that has to get us through all of our life.
Now please don't get discouraged over this last paragraph and run to the fridge for that left over cheese cake (unless of course you're really hungry and cheese cake is what you're craving). Take in this information, let it roll around in your mind for a bit, then just let it be what it is and move on to the next moment of your life. Be happy and live happy. Life is far too short to be wasted on non-happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment